Success Follows Preparation: Meetings
Meetings are not easy. They can often feel like a water off time while lacking a clear goal it outcome. One thing I've been thinking about lately is how I can take the problems with meetings I've identified and help improve them. Here are my six meeting prep told for designers:
- Set aside to think about your meeting.
- Always state your goal in the meeting invite
- Determine what the action is when leaving the meeting.
- Create a list of taking points you decide before based on meeting needs.
- Always make sure the person that can make decisions is in the room.
- Close with a follow up email stating the next steps.
Since I started using these tips, I feel as though my meetings have been much more successful and productive. Try a few out, let me know if they work for you too.